“The Word Lives With Us” is our weekly Podcast Devotion Series to focus your family on the true meaning of Christmas. Each week, Family Style Theology will inspire kids of all ages to hear the Word of God, discover WHO is the Word, and understand that He lives with us! Cindy Koch and children from ages 5-17 will explore John 1:1-14 in a six-series episode season.
- Let’s hear the story of Jesus from a different point of view, beginning with the creation of the universe! Cindy and the kids talk about JOHN 1:1-3 and discover that the Word is God, and the Word came to our earth in the person of Jesus.
We are all learning how to pray God’s Word together. Join Cindy and the kids in a conversation about a deeper understanding of the Lord’s prayer and what it means. We journey through Luther’s Small Catechism and the Bible to have a conversation about the many things our God gives us to pray.
- Today we begin talking about who is “Our Father”.
- In the First Petition of the Lord’s prayer we ask God’s name to be holy among us… what does that mean?
- God’s Kingdom is here right now! We believe His Word by the kingly acts that God is doing in our lives today.
- What is God’s Will for you?
- The Forth Petition means more than just “give me food.” What is the daily bread that we pray for?
- Forgive us: that is a hard confession to pray, sometimes. But in this petition, we learn the great mercy of God for ourselves and for others around us!
- We explore temptation today, and the gifts God gives us to combat the devil, the world and our sinful self.
- God delivers us from all evil by the death and resurrection of His Son, and He truly hears all of our prayers. Yes, yes, it is so!
SONGS OF MY FAITH! Join Cindy Koch and the teens for a Family Style conversation exploring our favorite “bomb” hymns of the Christian Faith. Together, we discuss imagery, themes, and theology that have been put to music to strengthen our trust in Christ. Our favorites this season include:
3. The Lamb
Get ready for a countdown to Christmas! Cindy and her kids will walk through the days of Advent with a devotion from Psalm 31. We will have a GIFT challenge every day to focus our hearts and minds on the incredible free gift of God which is eternal life given in Jesus Christ! (Romans 6:23)
This series will take us on a journey to the most celebrated event of the WHOLE YEAR, Easter! We will begin with the liturgical season of Lent, beginning on Ash Wednesday, and walk through the passion of our Lord all the way to his death and resurrection. Together we can take a moment to reflect of the greatest story of all time, Jesus given for us! Join us for six discussions about:
- Lent and Ash Wednesday
- Palm Sunday and the Passion
- Maundy Thursday
- Good Friday
- Holy Saturday and Easter Vigil
- Easter Morning and Beyond!
Check out Pinterest for extra resources and devotion ideas for your family during Holy Week. Enjoy this time of preparation, repentance, and celebration!
He is Risen!!
The greatest treasure we could give to our children this Christmas is a meaningful preparation for the coming of Jesus Christ. Yet, the busy holiday season leaves us with too little time. Family Style Theology makes it easy and fun to count down the days until Christmas with a quick daily podcast devotion. Just print out the easy reference Advent Calendar, and you’re ready! Beginning on December 1st, Cindy and her kids will share a NEW mini-episode devotion every day until Christmas.
In addition, there is an optional activity for each symbol that we discuss during Advent. Kids of all ages benefit from involving multiple senses during the learning process. This gives us all the chance to take a moment for reflection and creative meditation on our discussions. Check out the Resource Pages for more information AND visit our Family Style Theology Pinterest Board for ideas.
Our discussion focuses on Baptism in this six-part series guided by Martin Luther’s Flood Prayer. Together, we will take a closer look at each section of this amazing prayer, discuss what we hear about it from the Bible, and have a conversation about what this means for understanding our own baptism.
Explore the Fairy Tales we know and love with a twist of theology! Read them, watch them, talk about them and find an engaging conversation that your children are happy to participate in. This is a six-part series involving select FAIRY TALES. We were inspired by an essay by J.R.R. Tolkien called “On Fairy Stories”. In this he muses on the timeless quality and benefit of the fairy story, entering into a magical universe where our usual rational defenses may be down. Ultimately, these fun stories stir up simple truths about ourselves, our God, and the greatest story we know in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
In this series, teenage girls and young adult women gather to discuss our greater story found in the Word of God. Based on chapters from the book Cindy wrote for her own daughters: Daughter: Our Story Remembered. Together the girls talk about knowing the truth about ourselves and discovering God’s truth in the Bible.
- Daughter: What is your story?
- Daughter: A Beautiful Creation
- Daughter: A World of Doubt
- Daughter: A New Name
- Daughter: Unexpected Bride
- Daughter: Look in the Mirror?
- Daughter: Something’s Not Right
- Daughter: Happily Ever… Now!